” The phenomenon discovered in this research is that the preference shown by some users on other domains is justified by reasons beyond the relevance. The subjectivity occurs when users consider more or less the same relevant documents as you find attached to a domain that considered more or less reputable. The existence of this subjectivity is established beyond reasonable doubt due to the series of experiments were carefully controlled in sections 4 and 5. “
The study shows that a significant portion of clicks in search results are not the result of perceived relevance or ability of the site to potentially provide useful information, but rather the result of a partnership that the user brand that offers information.
That is, surprisingly, users click on the most reputable domains despite having to hand over relevant available results. An inclination to favor the domain, regardless of the content is then presented.
So if we see the content on the Internet as a “product” and the domain as the “brand”, we understand that creating a brand-domain transmit confidence in the user, not only it has a current important for SEO and SEM but Moreover, given the tendency to rely increasingly on the marks, the relevance of this factor will increase exponentially in the future.
Considering the above, we believe it is important that all those who carry out SEO strategies the following are present
5 Key Ideas:
- Branding helps the SEO and PPC, not only for the search engines, but because users have clear preferences by brand.
- If the domain name is not obvious how the brand is being promoted, you may be losing the momentum that branding activities should bring to the domain.
- Information on the perception and satisfaction of the brand could somehow join the SEO and PPC reports to determine how positive or negative brand perceptions are impacted traffic on search engines.
- Unbranded domains may be losing significant portions of traffic over its competitors branded. Therefore, choose one based exclusively on the “keyword” domain now seems the worst decision of all.
- The Click-through-rate can not be directly related to the rankings but as many clicks lead users to related social networks, which are used by the algorithms of search engines activities, arguably branding CTR and indirectly impact the positions obtained in the search results.
Arguably the above it has always been known intuitively by those carrying out online marketing strategies but now, thanks to the study by Microsoft, we can confirm that the user’s behavior on the Internet is influenced by the brand of the domain on a percentage greater than we suspected.