I do not know if it happened to you Like me, but …Have you ever attended a presentation that within 10 minutes you see that all have already disconnected?
Come on, something like that …Surely you know what I mean, isn’t it? ;-))
For those who have suffered like me, I like to share with you a method that has cost me several years to discover and develop.
“A method that works very well in capturing the attention of your audience and not to lose until the end of your presentation.Would you like to know? “
I’ve always wondered why there are speakers who captivated me from the start while others bore me to death …?
The truth is that both the College and the University and then at the Graduate, I think it makes very little emphasis on the need to know how to communicate our message so that you can influence your audience.
In my experience, very few professionals have had access to this training when would have been the ideal time; this is when you were forming. In fact, I had my first public appearance in the final year of my university studies. And from that moment I have not stopped to present ideas, proposals, to present products and services … and why not: In present myself in different forums and with different objectives.
When I begin a presentation is the type that is: a commercial presentation of my products and services to customers, a formation of a group, a defense of my thesis or exposure to other employees, directors or a steering committee, always, I repeat; Always, the most delicate moment is the beginning as the combination is really Explosive.
You’re nervous (I would even say very nervous). And in your mind will not stop parading questions such as: Will they understand me ?, What questions will I have ?, how will they react? or even up to can I properlydressed? …
And they are anxious. For his head cross questions like: we will do waste time ?, you will go to grain ?, going to be another boring presentation as other …?
“We are sitting on a can of gasoline and a pack of playing with matches! Evil said or misunderstood Anything you can do to explode …”
After observing and learning from the best presenters (Tony Robbins, T.Harv Ecker, Steve Jobbs, Blair Singer, Tom Antion …), I have observed that when they start their exhibition, most of them follow a 6-stage process, adapting to your content (the subject of your presentation) allows you to gain the trust of your audience .
And what is no less important, it prevents you have to improvise each time. When you follow this method, you will gain security and your entry will be firm, strong, safe and see the face of your audience who wish to know more than you come to expect them.
Want to know the 6 stages that will capture the attention of your audience from the very beginning of your presentation?
- The first is simple: Decide if you present yourself or let me introduce someone else. If someone presents, fix him what you want to say about you. And please NEVER give them a CV of Labour, take a fictionalized CV of 700 characters.
- The second is simple (though sometimes it costs us): Take your place in the room, look closely and “scanea” your audience. Take your time, manage to connect with them and “feel” how they will pay attention.
- The third is to sacrifice two questions: How many of you …? And how many of you … not ?. The aim is to involve 100% of the Auditorium on the issue, both because not know, and because it unaware. Normaly figure our to ask back a question, “interesting and challenging questions that will make them to answer” or figure our any games by asking a question.
- The fourth is to thank and acknowledge their interest and assistance. While not going to cost them money, your time is precious. Never forget that the “time is money”: If your time is valuable, so is yours. Appreciate it!
- The fifth is to define very clearly the benefits that they will get to listen to you. Normally 3 Benefits typically contextualize the presentation very well and fixed in the minds of your audience what they’re getting for listening.
- The sixth is the most important of all: Earn the right to talk about what they’re going to talk. Earn the right to be there. This is achieved by preparing your message in two parts. A first part where you earn your credibility based on data, titles and past experiences (this part is directed to the rational hemisphere of his brain). And a second part in which you present them a story that you’ve lived and linked to their situation and / or interest (this part is directed to the emotional hemisphere of his brain).
And it works!
From that moment, as the ad says: “I make it unforgettable, is up to you” but parts with the advantage of having caught his attention and can manage the interest that has awakened in them throughout the rest of the presentation.
Pity that small does not “teach to communicate” … it would have been an unforgettable lesson that would have accompanied a lifetime !. How to change everything if we could influence our audience!
engaging the audience, engaging the audience social imaginary, public speaking engaging the audience, ways to engage your audience,
hostile audience, presentation audience involvement, know your audience public speaking, ways to start a speech,