The Six Sigma methodology is a framework for managing and improving business processes. Project leaders define the performance problem and project objective measure current performance, analyze potential root causes and implement sustainable solutions. In the phase of final control procedures designed to maintain any gains achieved by the project.
This method can be applied to business processes including manufacturing, procurement and customer support calls. Use it to improve recruitment of both new employees and internal candidates.
- Define the problem with the current recruitment process and sets out the objectives of the project. You’re probably trying to improve the satisfaction of a candidate or hiring a manager, accelerate parts of the process or increase employee retention.
- Determine which measurements can be used to track performance issues in the areas both before and after the improvements. Consider the availability of data as well as ease of understanding.
- Measure the performance of the process using the measurements you selected. This can include the topography of employees, HR staff, hiring managers and receipt of their contributions by candidates for the job or get the paperwork and computer data that track applicants, deadlines and the decisions.
- Clarifies the approach to your problem Based on the data you have gathered. It should be specific enough so you can start investigating what is causing the problem.
- Ask a rain of ideas potential root causes, using a diagram or fish bones! “5 whys” tool. Your black belt Six Sigma or leader can help with these tools if you have no experience in using them. Examine any relevant part of the process, including the application itself, systems and technology, communication with candidates and interviews.
- Gather data to confirm what, in fact, possible root causes responsible for performance issues. Experimentation may be required to prove that when you change the factor that you suspect, you see a corresponding change in performance.
- Designs and implements process improvements that counteracts the root causes that you have signed. In most cases, you must direct the process making him run for a limited time, for a specific subset of applicants or job or for a specific group of managers they hire.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of improvements using performance comparison before and after the change process. For example, calculate the new cycle time and compare it with the original cycle time or manager calculates satisfaction Based on survey responses and compare them with your data base.
- Develop procedures to ensure that any profit you gain is enduring. Documenta completely new process and describes the process to continue to monitor the performance and response to any problem. It provides the documentation process owner, probably the human resources manager for your area of operations, when the process is complete.
Tips & Warnings
- Take care that the most important point of your project does not expand, a problem known as “progressive change the scope of the project. “Define the purpose and boundaries of the project at the beginning and stick to them. You can always recommend the monitoring of projects once you have completed yours.