I am sure that few people are really aware of the ability of webinar to attract customers and generate business online. Thanks to the webinars you can attract potential customers quickly and accelerate their process.
Last year we distributed several webinar Wiluve with incredible results for our platform, because many of the members who signed up in our social media community did after attending one of our webinars.
WHAT IS A WEBINAR AND WHY IS IT?
The webinars are mini events or online conferences are characterized as live and usually have a didactic character.
Can be online presentations, expert discussions and a master class an hour, and relayed live to a specific software for webinars makes the wizard can view the webinar from anywhere in the world live.
I read recently in the blog of John Lee Dumas EntrepreneuronFire.com , that 91% of the members of its online payment community decided to aim for one of the webinars they did throughout the year.
This technique is also used in KISSmetrics periodically (say every week) to attract new customers.
Usually some webinars are free and are very effective because if we find the right subject and the points are going to try really interesting for the wizard, we can get many people to sign. All those people obviously will be part of your mailing list.
Webinars also tend to be very viral on the Internet, doing that through Twitter and Facebook a lot more people sign up. It is one of the techniques of marketing content that I like.
The type of lead that is achieved through a webinar usually of high quality, because it is very interested in what we offer and has to make an effort to attend the webinar, which further demonstrates their interest.
The webinars also allow you to sell your products with ease. Normally at the end of the webinar before moving to the questions of the audience, you can promote a product or service, and the fact that attendees have been listening for an hour (or more) you’ve shared with them, makes gain confidence very quickly.
PLATFORMS TO DELIVER WEBINARS
There are several platforms on the market that allow you to deliver your webinar. Almost all are paid because it is a kind of expensive technology that requires so. We talk about streaming video and servers used are not cheap. That translates into a monthly fee that can range from $ 18 to 400 in the most expensive version.
Here are some platforms to deliver webinars:
- Gotomeeting : from 39 euros to 45 euros 25 attendees to 100 attendees. I have used many times because in my point of view is one of the webinars platforms work best. It lets you display your webcam or screen sharing for attendees to see your desktop, and attendees can also share your screen if you allow it. As all platforms for webinars, recorded the session and allows you to export it to a video file. Something I think is super convenient control panel that has to manage the webinar itself.
- GoToWebinar : the same company that Gotomeeting, but focused to make it easier to organize the webinar. Allows attendees to register the webinar and put your data to be recorded in your email marketing platform. The operation is the same as that of Gotomeeting but not its price. From 79 euros to 100 attendees to 399 euros for 1,000 attendees.
- AnyMeeting : another of the most popular tools. From $ 18 a month for 25 attendees to 200 attendees for $ 78. The highest price leaves enough on account.
- Webex : this platform I have not personally tried but have spoken highly of it. From $ 24 for 8 attendees up to $ 89 per 100 people.
- WebinarJam : for my last webinar I was tempted to pay the annual version of this platform, and they had targeted 1,300 people and Gotomeeting I fell short. If used GoToWebinar had to pay 399 euros for a single month and still not assured me that they had targeted 1,300 people could attend the webinar. I looked for alternatives and discovered this platform. WebinarJam use Google Hangouts to cast their webinars, so deep are using the Google platform to broadcast. Only in addition to that, you have some built as the webinar registration pages, implementing your email marketing platform, sending reminders to attendees or laboratory assistants among other things improvements. It costs $ 297 a year and the number of participants is unlimited. In the end I decided to make use of Google Hangout because many of the features offered by this platform and I was covered with other tools.
- Google Hangout : free. It’s the Google platform with which you can do online meetings or webinars for unlimited participants. This option is available from a YouTube channel, that is, you need a YouTube account to cast your webinar with this tool. Like any free tool has good things and bad things. Best of making a webinar with Google Hangout is obviously save the high cost of making a webinar for many people with another platform. Worse, it is not an exclusive tool for webinars, but rather online meetings (which is not the same). So as to make the perfect webinar you will need a set of complementary tools. You need to create a landing page so that attendees can target an email marketing tool for all communications and send reminders or recording of the webinar itself, among other things.
Before decantarte a platform or another to make your webinars, my recommendation is that you first try them all. Normally most of them allow you to create a test user that lasts between 15 days and one month and they are completely free, so you can get an idea of how they work.
It is important that you feel comfortable with the platform you use. Sometimes it is not a question of money, and yes a matter of functionality or practicality.
The facts that I at the time I decanted by Gotomeeting were several: its use is widespread and almost everyone has attended a webinar on this platform, which makes the audience already know how it works and even they have already downloaded the software required to join meetings. Your control panel seems very practical and comfortable, and on top of that the price is very affordable.
HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR WEBINAR
Once you are clear which platform you will use for your webinar, you get to do promotion for many people as possible sign up.
Here are some tips on what you should do to promote your webinar:
- Write an article on your blog: what better way to launch your blog site your webinar.Write an article summarizing the points you’re going to deal with in the webinar, but the eye is not put there all the information, rather a brief summary article. Full details of the webinar thou shalt put in the landing page that will create to promote it. I recommend using Leadpages to create the landing page of the webinar. You better send users to the landing page and register there, instead of putting the registration form in the article. I’ve done several tests on this issue and I can assure that what is attracting more works in a free landing page distractions.
- Invite members of your mailing list: many of your webinar attendees will certainly come from your mailing list. Do not be afraid to invite; if they are not interested in participating will point clearly not, but if you invite them lose the opportunity to sign up to something that probably interest them much. This is a good way to bring you value your followers.
- Make your social profiles diffusion: through social networks many people will point.The webinars are usually very viral and if you give the spot an interesting subject will achieve that attendees take care of themselves spread. Consider the option of paying advertising with Facebook Ads, because a well optimized campaign can be a good source of attendees at a very low cost. If you do not want to pay for diffusion in social networks I recommend using Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn groups to achieve assistants.
- Looking collaborations: this is a good option if you want to reach even more people. If you are looking for a strategic partnership you will bring you more value to the assistant, who will receive quality training of various professionals. To give you an example, it is customary to invite others who can help you spread the webinar and impart it. In Wiluve we had special guests who have taught masterclasses with which they, like the wizard, organizing the webinar as we have benefited.
You see my experience teaching webinars for Wiluve and other platforms has been completely positive and more in recent months because they have allowed me to generate business.
It is a technique that I personally love it because it is very effective, but acknowledge that requires a lot of time to organize. Not only creating the landing page and promote it. All part of creating the presentation slides if you want to do well.
But the point is that such activities not only generate business because you’re also providing extremely valuable addition to the wizard and generate trust with him in a very short period of time.