No matter how much you change channels of communication, marketing basics remain the same.
In this post we want to tell you briefly what are some Tips on Marketing Strategies regardless of whether they are offline or online, and what is the best way to reach them.
The first thing we must be clear before creating a strategy are the GOALS we seek with marketing activities, which include:
Convey the message of the company.
The traditional marketing or online, is aiming, to get the message of your company to the largest possible number of people.
Position in the consumer’s mind.
Another objective of marketing is that your brand or product is the first thing that comes to mind when consumers think about the type of service or category of product that your company offers or sells. For example, Apple has ensured that when someone think of MP3 players, the first to appear in their minds is the iPod.
All these efforts are to build your brand and position yourself in the mind of your potential customers at the same time, they must be realized so that your business sales grow considerably.
Other examples of marketing objectives include: to provide new products, greater coverage or display of products, etc.
Once we have clear objectives, we see statistics strategies to create:
1. Product Information. What are the benefits of what you sell? Who do you serve? Why use it? How? What are the characteristics? How does it differ from others?
2. Customer Information. Who is it? How old are you? What do you like? What do you do for a living? What studies you have? How much does…? How often do you buy? What motivates you to buy?
3. Information Competition. Who is it? Where is it? What it provides..? How do you provide? Who are your customers? What are the benefits? Are your prices..?
This information is very important to have it clear before developing any strategy, the more you know about this the better your strategies are.
It is not just a saying that that “information is power” in marketing is a reality. So do not stop to investigate everything you can about these three aspects before investing your money in strategies that can not be directed to the appropriate market or the proper way.
Well, now we can go on to develop Marketing Strategies !!!!
For better management, they were often split on the famous 4 P’s of Marketing, although this concept indeed is already surpassed, since these famous 4 P’s (Product, Place, Price and Promotion) they will have Gone increasingly integrating elements such as the Service Branding, Communities, etc.
Therefore I suggest you define your strategies according to your own objectives, organization and you can only distribute the type of strategy, that is, by the tools you will use to achieve your goals.
Here are some ideas that you should consider:
Strategies for the product. The product is the good or service we offer or sell to consumers. Some strategies that can design, related to the product are:
- Include new features to the product, for example, give further improvements, new functions, new functions, new uses, give a new packaging, a new design, new colors, new logo.
- Expand product line, for example, sell other products on your stationery, or include a new type of service in aesthetics: facial or massage.
- Launch a new product line, for example, if our product are perfumes for women, we can choose to launch a special series of soap and creams for the same market.
- Launch a new brand (without removing the market we already have), for example, a new brand dedicated to other markets, for example, a lower purchasing power.
- Include new customer services, which provide comfort and satisfaction, for example, include home delivery, installation service, new guarantees, new payment facilities, advice on buying.
Strategies for the price. The price is the monetary value we assign to our products when you offer them to consumers. Some strategies that can design, related to the price are:
- Launch a new product with a low price, so that, thus we can achieve rapid penetration, a quick acceptance, or we can do it quickly known.
- Launch a new product with a high price, so that, thus, we can take advantage of the purchases made as a result of new or to create a sense of quality.
- Reduce the price of a product, so that, thus, we can attract more customers.
- Reduce prices below the competition, so that, thus, we can block it and win market.
- Running promotions per season, reducing product prices for a limited time.
- Make such promotions 2 x 1 or buying your product receive some incentive for more.
- Offer coupons or discounts.
- Give gifts with the purchase of certain products.
- Trade in products for services or other products your company requires, as advertised.
- Special prices for distinguished guests.
Strategies for square or distribution. The square or distribution involves selecting sites or outlets where to sell or offer products. Some strategies that can apply, related to the place or distribution are:
- Offer our products via Internet, phone calls, mailings, overlooking address.
- Locate products at all points of sales (intensive distribution).
- Locate products only at points of sales that are suitable for the type of product we sell (selective distribution).
- Locate products only in a single point of sale is unique (exclusive distribution).
- Signal paths to your business (if possible).
- Establish strategic alliances with other businesses to place your products in physical or virtual stores.
Strategies for promotion. The promotion is to communicate, inform, raise awareness or recall the existence of a product to consumers and persuade, motivate or induce the purchase or acquisition.Some strategies that can apply, related to the promotion are:
- Place ads in newspapers, magazines or the Internet.
- Create traditional or electronic newsletters.
- Participate in fairs.
- Create jobs.
- Create activities or events.
- Sponsor an institution or any other company.
- Place advertisements in company vehicles, or public transport vehicles.
- Create posters, flyers, presentations, brochures or advertising calendars.
- Create sweepstakes or contests among our customers.
- Find creative ways to advertise, as Guerrilla Marketing.
- Send direct mail or flyer for specific areas.
- Inserts in specialized magazines or newspapers, airlines or bus.
2.0 Strategies for promotion. The promotion via communication tools 2.0 or better Internet. Some strategies that can apply, related to the promotion are:
- Creating an attractive and dynamic website.
- Create a blog and post articles of interest to our potential or current market.
- Actively participate in social networks in our market are.
- Create Video Marketing.
- Create a podcast channel.
- Use mobile applications to promote through advertising.
- Generate SEO and SEM strategies.
- Create email marketing campaigns.
Strategies for the service. The service are all actions that are directly related to the care and customer satisfaction. Some strategies that can apply related service are:
- Have clear policies about customer service.
- Ensure that all persons in direct contact with the client have the necessary service profile.
- Creating a good Client Management through CRM.
- Creating a Customer Loyalty Program.
- Train staff on customer service steadily.
- Align your business processes to customer needs.
- Provide additional services that increase their brand experience with you.
- Conduct periodic and fixed to measure the level of customer satisfaction surveys.
You could go on by mentioning many more strategies, but I think the general ideas are already here. As always I remain at your service and I look forward your comments or concerns.